Para ver esta página en español, haga clic en el botón azul español en español que se encuentra arriba.
2021 AP Testing Schedule
PSAT 10 on April 19, 2021
Who: 10th grade students who registered in March
When: Monday, April 19, 2021, 8:20-12:00 PM
Where: Hayfield Secondary School
Details will be sent to students via their fcpsschools.net email addresses. Please look for updated information such as health and safety protocols. A test ticket will be emailed to students a few days before the test. The ticket must be brought with students for entry. It may be printed or hand-copied.
Due to COVID-19, we cannot accommodate walk-in students on the day of the test.
Health and Safety Protocols
Along with all FCPS guidelines for weekend testing, we will implement the following procedures at Hayfield on PSAT/SAT test days:
- Students will be assigned an entry door closest to their test room
- Grab and Go meals will be provided at entrances
- Masks must be worn at all times by staff and students
- Sanitizer and cleaning supplies are available in each room and at each entrance
What to Bring
- A mask that must be worn in the building at all times
- Graphing Calculator (list of approved calculators)
- Layers (temperatures vary in our building)
- Two or more No. 2 pencils- not mechanical
- Photo ID (Be prepared to show a photo ID like your school ID card, driver’s license, passport, etc.)
- Test ticket (This will emailed to students’ fcpsschools.net email account a few days prior to testing. Please print the ticket or hand-copy ALL of the information onto a sheet of paper.)
- Water bottle (optional)
- Snack (optional)
What Not to Bring/Prohibited Items
- Cell phones (if you will need to contact a parent, and must have your phone, please show it to the proctor as soon as you arrive in your testing room. Show your proctor that you are turning off your phone and place it in your bag. Put the bag at the front of the classroom away from your reach)
- Bluetooth or smart devices such as an Apple Watch, Beats headphones, Air Pods, etc.
College Board (SAT, PSAT, AP Exams)
If your child has a current IEP or 504 plan and you are planning to apply for accommodations from the College Board for an AP, PSAT, or SAT exam, you must complete the Parent Consent Form and the Local Application and return them as a PDF attachments to Emily Gregory at @email.The College Board application procedure is a one-time process. Once a student has been approved for College Board accommodations, those accommodations will automatically be given to your student on all further College Board tests if applicable. If you wish to know if your student already has accommodations, please contact College Board directly at 609-771-7137 or go to www.collegeboard.com/ssd/.
The ACT process is a bit different than College Board. When you register for an ACT exam and you wish to have accommodations, you will request that as you are registering. Please email Amy Kingsbury, SSD Coordinator, at @email with your request and a signed Consent to Release Information. Details on the ACT accommodations process can be found on the ACT website.
ACT and SAT test prep classes offered by Adult and Community Education. The test-prep and study skills courses offered are listed at this link from the Adult and Community Education website.
PSAT practice tests can be found at http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/psat/prep.html. To understand PSAT scores, look at the following links:
- College Board's site for test prep and practice
- PSAT Student Guide
- Understanding PSAT scores
- PSAT Inside Scoop from Khan Academy
2020 Student Guides
The Student Guides have information about testing, test-taking tips, and a practice test: