Fall Sports Letter
HAYFIELD SECONDARY SCHOOL
Fall Athletic Season – 2018
Remember that you must have a completed Emergency Care Card and physical on the current VHSL Physical Form after May 1, 2018 with you to turn in on the first day of tryouts. You also must have the Athlete/Parent Concussion Ed training completed before the first day of tryouts as well. No one will be permitted to tryout without all of these items completed.
For further information, including all required forms and link to the concussion ed training please check our website www.hawksathletics.org or
call the Student Activities Office at 703-924-7472
CHEERLEADING: (Boys & Girls) - Grade 9-12; Head Coach: Theresa Hayman
- Tryouts for ALL cheerleading squads (Varsity, JV, and Fr) will be July 30th thru August 2nd from 3 PM to 6 PM in the gymnasium. You must participate in all 4 days of tryouts and have all required components completed. Students selected to Varsity should plan to begin practice on August 3rd & FR/JV practice will begin August 6th. Information about tryouts can be found at www.hawksathletics.org under cheerleading. Questions contact Coach Hayman at email@example.com
CROSS COUNTRY: (Boys and Girls) - Grades 9-12; Head Coach: Kristen Berberich
- Tryouts start on Monday, July 30th from 7:30AM to 9:30AM. Meet in the Auxiliary gym to submit paperwork and be dressed to run with running shoes, proper clothing, running watch and a water bottle. All interested athletes are required to have a current VHSL Physical accurately completed, emergency care card, concussion education certificate, and other team forms with them on the first day of tryouts. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible to be added to the contact list and to get your summer training schedule. Also, Check www.hawksathletics.org soon for updates and paperwork
FIELD HOCKEY: (Girls) - Grades 9-12; Head Coach Chuck Cirino
- Tryouts for all players will start on Monday, July 30th from 7:30 to 9:30 AM and again from 11:00 to 1 PM and go thru Friday, August 3rd. All players must have a molded mouth guard, shin guards, cleats/turfs, running shoes and water. Sticks for beginners will be provided if needed. Players will meet at the upper turf/practice field. You must have a current VHSL physical form, an emergency care form and have completed parent and student online concussion education course. Questions contact Coach Cirino email@example.com
FOOTBALL: Grades 9-12; Head Coach: Eric Henderson
- JV and Varsity Levels (10th-12th graders) Equipment distribution July 23-26 from 6-8pm. Physicals and necessary paperwork must be completed prior to equipment issue and start of practice. First practice starts Monday, July 30th at 630am. Locker room opens at 6am. A schedule will be distributed for subsequent summer practices.
- Freshmen – Head Coach Liam Yao
- First day will be Monday, August 6th from 5pm to 9pm. Locker room opens at 4:30pm. Equipment will be handed out during the first practice. A schedule will be distributed first day for subsequent summer practices. There will be no Saturday practices.
- Please see www.hayfieldfootball.com for questions or contact Coach Henderson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-408-4212.
GOLF: Grades 9-12; Head Coach: John Terrien
First day of golf tryouts Tuesday July 31st 10am at Pohick golf course (10301 Gunston Rd Lorton VA 22079). All paperwork needs to be turned in to participate. Contact Coach John Terrien for more info. Jrterrien@fcps.edu (703-855-4398)
VOLLEYBALL: (Girls) - Grades 9-12; Head Coach: Ric Licardo
- July 30 tryouts for 9th graders will be 8am – 11am; 10th thru 12th graders 11:00am -2:30pm
- July 31 9th graders 8-11:30am; 10th thru 12thgraders 11:00am -2:30pm
- August 1 9th graders 8-11:30am; 10th thru 12thgraders 11:00am -2:30pm
- August 2 9th thru 12th grade 8am -10am; Teams will be announced at 10:00am
- Please contact Coach Ric if you have any questions email@example.com
- 1st practice on Friday Aug 3 Fresh and JV 8:00-11:30. Varsity 12-3pm
STUDENT ATHLETIC TRAINERS: (Girls and Boys) - Grades 9-12; Sponsors: Tay McCallum & Jami Culbertson
- Please contact Ms. McCallum or Ms. Culbertson if you are interested firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Fall season begins July 30th.
We will be holding a paperwork collection and verification of completed requirements night for all Fall Teams on Thursday, July 26th 5-7pm in the Gym.