Learn about Hayfield Secondary School including our mission and vision.
Caring Citizens, Creative Collaborators, Critical Thinkers - SOARing Hawks.
Hayfield Secondary School fosters an engaging and challenging educational environment by
- Respecting and celebrating the diversity of our local and global communities
- Cultivating the expectation of excellence for all students and staff
- Providing authentic and relevant learning experiences for a changing world
- Modeling ‘The Hayfield Way’ through a shared spirit of collaboration and support
- At Hayfield, equity & cultural responsiveness are not just buzzwords. They are central to how we make decisions and how we operate as a PLC.
- All Hawks, regardless of experience or position, will embrace a growth mindset, be vulnerable to honest reflection, open to failure, and seek feedback from others.
- All Hawks will model the Hawk Way by taking care of ourselves, each other, and our school.
- All Hawks will communicate in a positive, professional, and productive manner to all stakeholders.
- All Hawks will presume positive intentions and remember that all faculty & staff entered into this profession to help young people, all parents/guardians want what is best for their kids, and all students want to be successful.
- At Hayfield we value students as active and essential participants in their learning and are committed to amplifying student voice in our school and community.
- At Hayfield we acknowledge that in order for our students to achieve academic success we must foster healthy social-emotional growth and affirm the identity and needs of all students.
- At Hayfield we will unapologetically place the needs of our most vulnerable learners at the forefront of what we do.
FCPS School Profile (Middle)
FCPS School Profile (High)
Attendance Procedures & Policies
Procedures and policies regarding student attendance including information about prearranged absences, excused and unexcused absences, later arrivals, early dismissals, and more.