The Library is a vital resource for the information needs of the Hayfield Secondary School community. Our mission is to prepare students to manage information in an efficient, effective and ethical manner, and to promote the enjoyment of reading.
Search Our Catalog Here:
Library Catalog Searching
Using the Catalog Features and Checking Your Account
Hours of Operation:
Monday 7:30AM - 3:00PM
Tuesday - Thursday 7:30AM - 3:30PM
Friday 7:30AM - 3:00PM
Phone Number (703) 924-7412
SOAR Time in the Library
During SOAR 4: If a student wishes to work in the library during SOAR 4, he/she must get a pass from the library the day before, or by 7:55 the morning of that SOAR period. All students must arrive within the first seven minutes of class, and stay the remainder of SOAR 4.
If students only need to return books, check out books, or express print; teachers may use a SOAR pass to send them during the first seven minutes of the period and students will return to their SOAR class as they finish that task.
During a rotational SOAR period, teachers may send up to two students at a time to the library with just a signed planner pass.
- Materials from the library circulate for three weeks, the due date can be found in your online or in the pocket at the back of the book.
- Books may be renewed from your personal library Destiny account online.
- You may check out any amount of books for which you can be responsible with the following exception of books checked out to you at one time:
- two graphic novels/manga
- two books in a series
- two nonfiction books on a topic.
- Play the library sorting game
- Events in the library