Hawks Stay After
The “Hawks Stay After” After-School Program’s mission is to provide an opportunity for our students to participate in highly structured academic, recreational and community-based programs after school each day. We strive to provide safe, supervised environments for our students to improve academic achievement, enhance physical activity and promote social and life skills.
To fulfill this mission, Hayfield’s After-School Program will:
- Support and promote student academic achievement and advancement;
- Provide engaging activities and clubs that will attract students into supportive groups and into the broader school community;
- Teach life lessons such as responsibility, respect for others and teamwork;
- Provide a safe haven for youth during after-school hours; and
- Build competency and self-confidence.
Funding for this program comes from the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors, the Fairfax County School Board and the Department of Army’s “Army Youth Program in Your Neighborhood” (AYPYN)