Frequently Asked Questions
Hawks Stay After
• What is Hawks Stay After? “Hawks Stay After” is simply the name of Hayfield Middle School’s After School Program. The program offers academic time as well as enrichment and recreational activities after the normal school day ends. The program is presented FREE to all participants!
• When Does Hawks Stay After meet? Hawks Stay After runs Mondays thru Thursdays (most non-holidays) from 3:00-5:00. Students MUST check-in to their respective Club/HW Workshop room by 2:55!! If students do not sign in by 2:55 or do not have a pass from a teacher they will be required to leave the building!
• Can my child stay after with a teacher and then come to Hawks Stay After? Absolutely! All students staying after for a specific teacher should go to directly that teacher immediately after school, then come to Hawks Stay After with a signed pass from that teacher. Once the student has presented their pass they will be asked to sign in then given a snack. From there they can go participate in the activity that they choose. Students are always to have a pass with them after school.
• What days are late bus days? Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays: starting at 4:45 ***Please note that the bus stops may be different from your child’s normal stop as there are fewer buses available for transport. • If my child does not ride a late bus where do I pick them up? You or a designated guardian can pick up your child by Exit 9, Middle School side rear circle/Kiss & Ride area and/or MS Cafeteria or Club Room. Students must be picked up by 5:00!
• Who do I contact if I have any questions about Hawks Stay After? You can contact Adam Fitzgerald, After-School Program Specialist, by phone (703) 924-7609, or by e-mail at -- @email